200 hr Yoga Alliance Certified
Soul Vinyasa Flow* Teacher Training
*voted “favorite style of yoga” by Yoga Journal readers
Stay tuned for our next teacher training in 2017!
Learn to safely and confidently teach others and/or
profoundly deepen your personal yoga practice!
“Inspiring yoga – Instilling confidence”
What sets us apart from other trainings:
- Our core faculty, e-RYT 500 hr Yoga Instructors Jurgen and Nattacia Mantei, have attained thousands of hours of Yoga Alliance recognized training and teaching experience.
- Our faculty encompass and expertly guide you in:
- the ethical principles of yoga
- proper alignment
- keen body awareness
- positive feedback that helps you develop your strengths and find your unique voice as a teacher
- respect for the many traditions of yoga, while remaining open to what’s new and evolving in today’s yoga world.
- Our 100% LIVE, hands-on instruction ensures you understand and can integrate, and share, the knowledge you’ve gained with confidence and student safety in mind!
- We have a uniquely NEW condensed schedule! Rather than trying to cram new knowledge into a tight one or two months, our schedule offers a relaxed and healthy learning environment – allowing you to deeply absorb and integrate this new knowledge into your life, both on and off your mat.
- Dynamic guest faculty
Enrollment is limited to 16 trainees in order to ensure individualized attention –
Avoid disappointment – Apply today!
WE STRIVE ABOVE AND BEYOND YOGA ALLIANCE STANDARDS:
Yoga Alliance oversees yoga schools/teachers worldwide – –
Yoga Alliance oversees yoga schools/teachers worldwide – graduates with Yoga Alliance Certification are qualified to teach anywhere in the world –
- Our teacher training provides the more than 180 required classroom hours in a professional yet friendly environment.
- Unlimited drop-in class pass at Soul Hot Yoga for the entire duration of the program.
- A blend of styles that respects the ancient traditions of yoga, while acknowledging modern-day influences on the practice.
- We ensure our graduates have attended and completed all of Yoga Alliance’s 200 hr requirements – when you graduate from our program you can be proud knowing you’ve studied with one of the most compliant Yoga Allianceschools available!
This could be the life-changer you’ve been looking for – apply today!
WHAT TO EXPECT (more of what sets our trainings apart from others out there)
- You’ll begin by becoming immersed in classical Ashtanga style, followed by functional anatomy. With these strong foundations in place you’ll then move into Vinyasa style, a more free-flowing and intuitive style of yoga.
- Each time we meet you’ll practice, partake in yoga philosophy, meditation, mantras and various teaching methodologies, complete assignments related to the training lectures, and have the opportunity to share/teach.
- Jurgen and Nattacia will share the simple, yet cutting-edge, health/healing techniques they have used to help heal themselves from devastating health challenges; such as cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome.
TECHNIQUES TRAINING & PRACTICE (105 hrs.)
- Personal asana practice daily/weekly requirements
- Pranayama breathing techniques
- Principles of alignment in standing postures
- Principles of alignment in seated postures – including yin variations
- Inverted postures
- Ensuring safety and preventing injuries as a student and a teacher
- Sequencing postures for classes
TEACHING METHODOLOGY (25 hrs)
- Understanding posture names in Sanskrit
- Demonstrating postures
- Observation and adjustment principles
- Accommodating students of all levels, ages and abilities
- Verbal and hands-on adjustment
- Integrating yoga philosophies
- Using voice, body language and touch
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY (25 hrs)
- Study of anatomy & physiology as it relates to yoga
- Focus on understanding anatomical limitations
- Variations of postures to accommodate all body/skeletal types
- Anatomy portion of the training will be taught by the highly accredited Edward Louie
YOGA PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE, ETHICS (40 hrs)
- Study of the 8 limbs of yoga
- Yoga Sutras
- History & lineage of yoga
- Ethics, especially as related to ahimsa (non-harming)
- Diet of a yogi – taught by Living Foods, Anti-aging Health & Vitality Coach Nattacia Mantei
PRACTICUM (20 hrs)
- Class observation and assisting
- Practice hands-on adjustments
- Practice teaching – as lead teacher in Karma Classes
- Building confidence as a teacher
- Use of music, voice and silence in classes
REQUIRED RESOURCE MATERIAL* (not included)
- Ashtanga Yoga – The Practice Manual: David Swenson (book)
- The Yamas & Niyamas, Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice: Deborah Adele (book)
- Key Muscles of Yoga: Ray Long
Supplemental Suggested Resources: (not required)
- Teaching Yoga – Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship: Donna Farhi (Book – includes CD)
- Teaching Yoga – Essential Foundations and Techniques: Mark Stephens (book)
- The Heart of Yoga – TKV Desikachar (book)
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar (book)
What makes our instructors unique?
Our core faculty have thousands of hours of training, experience and a depth of knowledge in several styles and traditions of yoga – including, but certainly not limited to, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Yin, Vinyasa, Hatha, Restorative, Pre-natal and Kid’s yoga.
Jurgen, Nattacia and Ed are recognized for their extensive contributions over the years to the Calgary Yoga and Athletic community. As eager students and educators of Yoga, Natural Health and Functional Anatomy, they are keen to share their knowledge and experience.
Jurgen Mantei – Director of Teacher Training & Primary Faculty
Jurgen began his practice of yoga in 1996, using it as a moving mediation where the body, mind and spirit are most open to exploration and healing. Yoga provided him with a path to self-discovery and created space for peace, happiness and compassion when his former wife passed away from cancer in 2003.
He began teaching yoga in 2001 with the desire to share the many profound benefits he discovered through his own personal yoga practice. Jurgen has become a much sought after yoga teacher, co-founder of United in Wellness™ and personal mentor to those seeking a deeper and richer experience of yoga, health and their overall life.
Accredited with the distinguished e-RYT 500 hour Yoga Alliance™ standing, Jurgen is forever grateful to his most influential teachers, especially Tim Miller, David Swenson, Eddie Modestini and Nicki Doane.
Nattacia Mantei – Teacher Training Administrator & Co-Faculty
Nattacia began teaching yoga in 2004 after selling the popular day spa she had owned and operated for over 20 years. It was through her personal yoga practice that Nattacia was able to alleviate years of health challenges, such as life-long asthma and joint injuries created by the injurious movements her aesthetics career demanded.
As an e-RYT 500 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher and International Yoga Instructor, Nattacia is known for teaching dynamic yoga classes, while honoring the core principles of proper balance and alignment, thereby allowing her students to experience the tremendous health benefits yoga can provide, when practiced with respect and integrity.
Combining her passion for teaching with her lifelong interest and experience in natural healing alternatives, Nattacia is committed to helping others discover how to achieve optimum health, vitality, inner harmony and happiness, naturally and non-invasively!
Edward Louie – Anatomy Lead Faculty
Edward Louie has been studying anatomy and working with the movement of the human body for the past 31 years. His passion for anatomy and exercise was first sparked while earning his degree in Physical Education in 1985. He began his career as a Health and Fitness coach in the corporate world and has since spent the past 28 years as an Artistic Gymnastics Coach.
As a Sport and Therapeutic Massage practitioner since 1994 he began travelling the globe in 1998 with Canadian and International elite athletes and teams. He continues to remain active with Gymnastics Canada and Speed Skating Canada in various capacities.
Ed decided to pursue another lifelong passion – a keen desire to learn – by shifting his attention in 1994 from his background in Martial Arts, having earned his Black Belt in 1985, over to the practice of Yoga. It was the beginning of his love affair with all forms of yoga and all that it represents.
The time to learn from these powerful teacher is now – apply today!
Here’s what our graduates are saying:
Ed’s incredible anatomy knowledge and teaching technique were crucial to my understanding of human bodies. His knowledge of anatomy and yoga made his teachings a great combination to help me understand what to look for in students in order to prevent injuries and build an intelligent sequence.
Jurgen and Nattacia’s passion for yoga shines through. They complement each other and their wealth of knowledge is what makes them a great teaching couple. Although the program is called Vinyasa Flow, Jurgen and Nattacia exposed us to a lot of different things that enabled us to go in a many different yoga directions. They also exposed us to a lot of tools to continue on our path of personal growth. They have opened up their hearts and took us under their wings which gave me the confidence I needed.
It has been a privilege being taught by Nattacia, Jurgen and Ed.
I highly recommend this yoga teacher training program.
“I’ve deepened my practice, gained confidence and feel I have a solid foundation of tools and knowledge to teach. Through this journey I have learned how to be my authentic self!” This program is high quality and Jurgen and Nattacia are generous teachers!”
“Having attended Jurgen and Nattacia’s classes I loved their teaching style, how every student mattered in the class.
Thanks to the cues they and the other teachers at Soul gave me, I changed my practice – I’m no longer injuring myself! Soul, and their teachers made me feel accepted and important, like their training wasn’t about being a big moneymaker for them.”
“This teacher training provided me with a new direction for my life. It empowered me by providing a safe environment for me to connect with my body and my soul – and form relationships with likeminded people!”
“I signed up on a whim for the yoga teacher training offered by Jurgen and Nattacia through Soul Hot Yoga, unsure of what I wanted from the training, but something deep inside me knew that this was the one for me. To say the least, it has changed my life.
Jurgen and Nattacia’s spin on yoga, wellness, and the philosophy of the practice is not only well rounded, but also open minded and welcoming to all opinions. They have created a safe atmosphere where we fluctuate between deep intellectual sharing and giddy laughter.
Their technical knowledge of the asanas is unmatched, while their personal passions for wellness inspires others to change. I fell even more in love with yoga and with life, which I didn’t know was possible.”
Love you guys,
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What if I need to miss a training day?
A. We recognize you may need to miss a training day over the course of the program. Upon registration into the program you will receive a package of “Forms”, which include an Absentee Form to be completed and approved prior to your absence. It will be your responsibility to have a fellow-student provide you with notes from the class you’ve missed. You will need to provide a written report on your understanding of the content missed and submit it to the Assistant Director of Training prior to the last day of training.
Q. What if I miss 2 or more days of training?
A. You will be required to make-up the number of missed classroom hours with equivalent teacher contact hours, such as a workshop or private class relating to the topic(s) missed. The fees for workshops and/or private classes are your responsibility.
Q. Is this a Hot Yoga Teacher Training?
A. No. This training is not limited to only Hot Yoga, you will learn to skillfully teach a wide variety of classes and styles of yoga.
Q. Is this an Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training?
A. No. Although this training is steeped in the wisdom and efficiency of the Ashtanga Yoga System and it’s Principles of Alignment, which serve nicely as a solid foundation for postures and class sequencing, you will not be taught to lead Ashtanga Primary Series classes. Instead you will learn to mix it up – hence Vinyasa Flow.
The only real question is “If not now, when?” – apply today!
One more happy graduate:
“I entered into my Teacher Training hoping to one day teach, but what I got was so much more. The growth and knowledge that I have received will be with me on and off my mat for the rest of my life.
The teachings that Nattacia and Jurgen gave were given all from their heart and soul (and it was felt every time). Nattacia and Jurgen brought energy, passion and love for yoga to the class every time and it was contagious.
It has been an honor for me to have Nattacia and Jurgen as my teachers, my friends and most importantly, feeling that they are now part of my family.
Thank you does not seem enough.”
If you know in your heart and soul, that the time for you to do this is now – apply today!