“Inspiring yoga – Instilling confidence”
CHECK OUT OUR NEW KEENER PROGRAM!!!
Jurgen and Nattacia Mantei
Returning from Arizona April 2017 to lead their 5th
Soul Vinyasa Flow* 200 hr Yoga Alliance
Certified Teacher Training!
*Voted “favorite style of yoga” by Yoga Journal readers
Learn to safely and confidently teach others and/or
profoundly deepen your personal yoga practice!
WHAT SETS OUR TRAINING APART FROM OTHERS?
Our core faculty:
Jurgen and Nattacia Mantei are not your run-of-the-mill e-RYT 500 hr Yoga Instructors, they have attained thousands of hours of Yoga Alliance recognized training and teaching experience!
Jurgen and Nattacia share a thirst for knowledge that is truly unique and admirable.
Committed to continually upgrading their personal yoga practice and teaching skills, Jurgen and Nattacia actively participate in additional teacher trainings, workshops and intensives with respected leaders in the yoga, meditation, spiritual and health and wellness arts – then generously and enthusiastically integrate what they’ve learned into the teacher trainings they lead.
Dynamic guest faculty:
We believe that student’s learn best when they’re exposed to a variety of teachers. That’s why we invite other members of Soul Hot Yoga’s dynamic team of instructors to join in as guest faculty, sharing their passion for various styles of yoga, chakras, meditation, etc.
Faculty that Encompass and Expertly Guide You in the:
- Study & personal application of the Ethical Principles of Yoga.
- Key Principles & hands-on experience of Proper Alignment.
- Developing keen body awareness of self and students.
- Positive feedback that helps you develop your strengths and find your unique voice as a teacher.
- Varied traditions of yoga, while encouraging you to remain open to what’s new and evolving in today’s yoga world.
100% LIVE hands-on instruction
Allows you to ask questions of our expert team, which is especially important when it comes to aspects of yoga such as adjustments or anatomy, we don’t expect you to learn via video instruction alone. We strive to ensure you understand, can integrate and share the knowledge you’ve gained with not only confidence but also student safety in mind.
Our uniquely NEW condensed schedule!
Rather than trying to cram new knowledge into a tight one or two months, our schedule offers a relaxed and healthy learning environment over a comfortable 5 month period – allowing you to deeply absorb and integrate this new knowledge into your daily life and yoga practice.
Enrollment is limited to 16 trainees in order to ensure individualized attention –
DATES & SCHEDULE for 2017:
We have carefully designed our schedule so that no training days fall on long weekends or special occasions, such as Mother’s Day.
Training days run from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Sunday training days require and include participation in Warm Power Flow class from 10:00 – 11:15 am at Soul Hot Yoga
Saturday & Sunday
Apr 22 & 23
May 6 & 7
May 13 (no training Mother’s Day May 14th)
Saturday & Sunday
May 27 & 28
June 10 & 11
June 17 (no training Father’s Day June 18th)
Saturday & Sunday
June 24 & 25
July 8 & 9
July 22 & 23
Aug 5 & 6
Aug 19 & 20
Sept 9 & 10
Sept 23 & 24
Training sessions are held in a clean, professional and genuine yoga studio space at Soul Spin Studio’s non-heated yoga room located on the second floor at #226 5126 – 126 Ave. SE, Calgary, Alberta.
Tuition includes: 180 contact hours, teacher-training manual, and unlimited yoga* from April 22 – Sept 24, 2017 at Soul Hot Yoga.
- Attending a minimum of 2 yoga practices/week at Soul Hot Yoga (or other studio approved by faculty) is required; it is highly recommended that you vary the style of classes you attend.
*Perkville points do not apply.
Upon acceptance into the program, a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required to secure your space in this teacher-training program. Full deposit is applied to tuition. Failure to pay deposit within 10 days of acceptance forfeits application approval and will require re-application and approval.
Regular Tuition $3,295.00* when paid in full prior to Friday March 25, 2017
Early Bird Tuition: $2,995.00* when paid in full on or before March 1, 2017
Payment plan ALSO available:
- $500.00* deposit due upon acceptance & registration
- $975.00* due on or before March 25, 2017
- $975.00* due on or before April 15, 2017
- $975.00* due on or before May 6, 2017
* Indicates Plus GST
ALL Payment plan participants MUST provide a valid credit card or post-dated cheques with their first installment.
CAN’T WAIT UNTIL APRIL 2017 TO GET STARTED?
INTRODUCING OUR NEW KEENER PROGRAM:
Pay $500.00* non-refundable deposit upon acceptance and begin working with Jurgen and Nattacia immediately via a private Teacher Training FaceBook group!
As a Keener you’ll receive:
- Immediate access to exclusive online materials, reading and/or video recommendations!
- The inside scoop on where/what Jurgen and Nattacia are up to in the way of trainings, workshops and events they’re attending – plus behind the scenes meets & peeks of all sorts of yoga celebrities!
- Front-of-the-line access to workshops offered by Jurgen & Nattacia (offer does not include cost of workshops)
The earlier you apply, get accepted, registered and pay your non-refundable deposit of only $500.00* the sooner you’ll have access to exclusive pre-work that will give you a serious head start!!!
* Indicates Plus GST
Students may pay for tuition and fees with cash, debit card or credit card through Soul Hot Yoga, #246 5126 – 126 Ave SE Calgary AB T2Z 0H2. Phone 403-234-7685
This could be the life-changer you’ve been looking for – apply today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q. April 2017 seems such a long ways off. Why would I wait for Soul’s Vinyasa Flow training when there are other trainings being offered sooner elsewhere?
A. The soonest Jurgen and Nattacia are available to be in Calgary for the 5 month period required to lead this training is April 2017. But, we promise, they’re knowledge and expertise are well worth the wait! Check out “A taste of what our graduates are saying” below to hear why we chose to wait for Jurgen and Nattacia to lead their 5th training for Soul Hot Yoga, and why we believe you’ll want to wait too!
Q. What if I need to miss a training day, how will it affect qualifying for my 200 hr Yoga Alliance certificate?
A. We recognize you may need to miss a training day over the course of the program, which is why we have “cushioned” in 15 contact hours (basically 2 days of training). We, of course, encourage you to attend 100% of the training as each day is filled with such content and invaluable hands-on experience.
Q. What if I miss 2 or more days of training?
A. You will be required to make-up the number of missed classroom hours with equivalent teacher contact hours, such as a workshop or private class relating to the topic(s) missed. The fees for workshops and/or private classes are your responsibility.
Q. Is the training held at Soul Hot Yoga or is it off-site?
A. Trainings are held in one of the beautiful yoga studios above Soul’s Spin Studio (only a few doors down for the yoga studio), with the exception of the Health Day and some Anatomy trainings, which are held at Jurgen and Nattacia’s wellness home less than a 10-minute drive from Soul Hot Yoga.
Q. Is this a Hot Yoga Teacher Training?
A. No. This training is not limited to only Hot Yoga, you will learn to skillfully teach a wide variety of classes and styles of yoga.
Q. Is this an Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training?
A. No. Although this training is steeped in the wisdom and efficiency of the Ashtanga Yoga System, it’s Principles of Alignment and some Sanskrit (the ancient “language” of yoga) all of which serve nicely as a solid foundation for postures and class sequencing, you will not be taught to lead Ashtanga Primary Series classes. Instead you will learn to mix it up – hence Vinyasa Flow.
Remember – Space is Limited to only 16 students –
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TRAINING:
- You’ll begin by becoming immersed in classical Ashtanga style, followed by functional anatomy. With these strong foundations in place you’ll then move into Vinyasa style, a more free-flowing and intuitive style of yoga.
- Each time we meet you’ll practice, partake in yoga philosophy, meditation, mantras and various teaching methodologies, complete assignments related to the training lectures, and have the opportunity to share/teach.
- Jurgen and Nattacia will share the simple, yet cutting-edge, health/healing techniques they have used to help heal themselves from devastating health challenges; such as cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome.
TECHNIQUES TRAINING & PRACTICE (105 hrs.)
- Personal asana practice daily/weekly requirements
- Pranayama breathing techniques
- Principles of alignment in standing postures
- Principles of alignment in seated postures – including yin variations
- Inverted postures
- Ensuring safety and preventing injuries as a student and a teacher
- Sequencing postures for classes
TEACHING METHODOLOGY (25 hrs)
- Understanding posture names in Sanskrit
- Demonstrating postures
- Observation and adjustment principles
- Accommodating students of all levels, ages and abilities
- Verbal and hands-on adjustment
- Integrating yoga philosophies
- Using voice, body language and touch
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY (25 hrs)
- Study of anatomy & physiology as it relates to yoga
- Focus on understanding anatomical limitations
- Variations of postures to accommodate all body/skeletal types
- Anatomy portion of the training will be taught by the highly accredited Edward Louie
YOGA PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE, ETHICS (40 hrs)
- Study of the 8 limbs of yoga
- Yoga Sutras
- History & lineage of yoga
- Ethics, especially as related to ahimsa (non-harming)
- Diet of a yogi – taught by Living Foods, Anti-aging Health & Vitality Coach Nattacia Mantei
PRACTICUM (20 hrs)
- Class observation and assisting
- Practice hands-on adjustments
- Practice teaching – as lead teacher in Karma Classes
- Building confidence as a teacher
- Use of music, voice and silence in classes
REQUIRED RESOURCE MATERIAL* (not included)
- Ashtanga Yoga – The Practice Manual: David Swenson (book)
- The Yamas & Niyamas, Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice: Deborah Adele (book)
- Key Muscles of Yoga: Ray Long
Supplemental Suggested Resources: (not required)
- Teaching Yoga – Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship: Donna Farhi (Book – includes CD)
- Teaching Yoga – Essential Foundations and Techniques: Mark Stephens (book)
- The Heart of Yoga – TKV Desikachar (book)
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar (book)
WE STRIVE ABOVE AND BEYOND YOGA ALLIANCE STANDARDS:
Yoga Alliance oversees yoga schools/teachers worldwide – –
Yoga Alliance oversees yoga schools/teachers worldwide – graduates with Yoga Alliance Certification are qualified to teach anywhere in the world –
- Our teacher training provides the more than 180 required classroom hours in a professional yet friendly environment.
- Unlimited drop-in class pass at Soul Hot Yoga for the entire duration of the program.
- A blend of styles that respects the ancient traditions of yoga, while acknowledging modern-day influences on the practice.
- We ensure our graduates have attended and completed all of Yoga Alliance’s 200 hr requirements – when you graduate from our program you can be proud knowing you’ve studied with one of the most compliant Yoga Alliance schools available!
MEET OUR CORE FACULTY:
Jurgen Mantei – Director of Teacher Training & Primary Faculty
Initially, curiosity is what drew me to yoga in the 1990’s, at a time when there were very few studios or people doing yoga, but as my practice deepened it was the power the practice had in restoring my health and ultimately opening me to my spiritual body that turned my curiosity into a deep respect and love for yoga.
The highest blessing I have in teaching is being able to share my passion for yoga and to have an effect in the lives of the student; when I see my students move forward to become teachers and far surpass where I have taken them I’m honoured to have been part of their journey.
One of the main things that keeps me enthusiastic about Yoga is being around such an amazing, positive, health conscious and spiritual community of practitioners who inspire me to be better, dig deeper and soar higher.
I’ll be forever grateful to my most influential yoga teachers, especially Tim Miller, David Swenson, Eddie Modestini and Nicki Doane.
Nattacia Mantei – Teacher Training Administrator & Co-Faculty
Being introduced to the active style of Ashtanga yoga in 2004 proved to me that yoga can not only improve strength, flexibility and relaxation, when principles of proper alignment are applied, it could also help alleviate much of the chronic joint pain and stress that 25 years as an aesthetician and spa owner had created.
It’s tremendously fulfilling to help a student feel like a winner at yoga – to see the joy that radiates from a student’s face when, because of a simple modification or alignment tip I’ve shared with them, they’ve just achieved a posture that’s been challenging for them, or has helped to alleviate any amount of pain or discomfort.
Sharing my lifelong passion for discovering natural healing techniques and integrating my experience as a Certified Health Coach throughout our Soul Vinyasa Flow Teacher Trainings definitely provides our trainings with a unique edge – it’s the perfect environment for helping others discover how they, and their loved ones, can achieve optimum health and vitality, naturally and non-invasively
Edward Louie – Anatomy Lead Faculty
Edward Louie has been studying anatomy and working with the movement of the human body for the past 31 years. His passion for anatomy and exercise was first sparked while earning his degree in Physical Education in 1985. He began his career as a Health and Fitness coach in the corporate world and has since spent the past 28 years as an Artistic Gymnastics Coach.As a Sport and Therapeutic Massage practitioner since 1994 he began travelling the globe in 1998 with Canadian and International elite athletes and teams. He continues to remain active with Gymnastics Canada and Speed Skating Canada in various capacities.Ed decided to pursue another lifelong passion – a keen desire to learn – by shifting his attention in 1994 from his background in Martial Arts, having earned his Black Belt in 1985, over to the practice of Yoga. It was the beginning of his love affair with all forms of yoga and all that it represents.
The time to learn from these powerful teacher is now – apply today!
A FEW WORDS FROM OUR GRADUATES:
Ed’s incredible anatomy knowledge and teaching technique were crucial to my understanding of human bodies. His knowledge of anatomy and yoga made his teachings a great combination to help me understand what to look for in students in order to prevent injuries and build an intelligent sequence.
Jurgen and Nattacia’s passion for yoga shines through. They complement each other and their wealth of knowledge is what makes them a great teaching couple. Although the program is called Vinyasa Flow, Jurgen and Nattacia exposed us to a lot of different things that enabled us to go in a many different yoga directions. They also exposed us to a lot of tools to continue on our path of personal growth. They have opened up their hearts and took us under their wings which gave me the confidence I needed.
It has been a privilege being taught by Nattacia, Jurgen and Ed.
I highly recommend this yoga teacher training program.
“I signed up on a whim for the yoga teacher training offered by Jurgen and Nattacia through Soul Hot Yoga, unsure of what I wanted from the training, but something deep inside me knew that this was the one for me. To say the least, it has changed my life!
Jurgen and Nattacia’s spin on yoga, wellness, and the philosophy of the practice is not only well rounded, but also open minded and welcoming to all opinions. They have created a safe atmosphere where we fluctuate between deep intellectual sharing and giddy laughter.
Their technical knowledge of the asanas is unmatched, while their personal passions for wellness inspires others to change. I fell even more in love with yoga and with life, which I didn’t know was possible.
Love you guys,
“I’ve deepened my practice, gained confidence and feel I have a solid foundation of tools and knowledge to teach. Through this journey I have learned how to be my authentic self!” This program is high quality and Jurgen and Nattacia are generous teachers!”
“Having attended Jurgen and Nattacia’s classes I loved their teaching style, how every student mattered in the class.
Thanks to the cues they and the other teachers at Soul gave me, I changed my practice – I’m no longer injuring myself! Soul, and their teachers made me feel accepted and important, like their training wasn’t about being a big moneymaker for them.”
“I entered into my Teacher Training hoping to one day teach, but what I got was so much more. The growth and knowledge that I have received will be with me on and off my mat for the rest of my life.
The teachings that Nattacia and Jurgen gave were given all from their heart and soul (and it was felt every time). Nattacia and Jurgen brought energy, passion and love for yoga to the class every time and it was contagious.
It has been an honor for me to have Nattacia and Jurgen as my teachers, my friends and most importantly, feeling that they are now part of my family.
Thank you does not seem enough.”
“This teacher training provided me with a new direction for my life. It empowered me by providing a safe environment for me to connect with my body and my soul – and form relationships with likeminded people!”
If you know in your heart and soul that it’s time for you to
“Be the change you wish to see in this world”; Gandhi