When you are at your natural, optimal body weight, you know it. You have lots of energy, your appetite is regular without cravings or binges, your clothes fit and you feel great! So how do you get back to optimal?
At Courage to be Healthy™ we have found the first step to achieving your optimal body weight is by getting on top of those nasty cravings that tend to derail your best intentions – often before you even make it to lunchtime!
Don’t deprive yourself
Adding in, rather than taking out, is our motto. But adding in what you ask? You can naturally reduce cravings by giving your body what it is actually looking for when you’re longing for something sweet, salty, greasy or bitter, simply try adding in a few of these tasty foods when the following cravings hit:
- Tart/bitter – Green apple, Coconut Kefir, Cacao nibs or beans
- Salty – Dehydrated kale chips, Celery.
- Sweet – Apple, Carrot sticks, Fruit Smoothie with Coconut oil to slow down sugar absorption.
- Fats – Coconut oil in a Smoothie, Almond butter on celery sticks, Ranch or Caesar Dehydrated kale chips
- Smooth & Creamy – Chia pudding, Coconut Rice pudding.
- Crunchy – Carrots, Dehydrated kale chips, Organic Popcorn.
- Schmecky (Nattacia’s word) – Coconut Cacao macaroons
Learn to tune into your body while you’re eating. This one thing will really help you to know when your body is satisfied. Simple steps such as:
- Slowing down and savouring the taste and texture of every bite.
- When you’re eating out engage in pleasant conversation at your table.
- Put down your fork between bites or when you’re chatting.
- Chew, chew and chew some more before you swallow your food.
- Drink a big glass of water 1/2 before you eat and wait at least one hour after before you drink anything again.
- If you do have a beverage with your meal (usually in a restaurant) do your best not to wash down your food with it. Only take sips when your mouth is empty.
- Have a light, healthy snack before you go out to eat so that you can eat out without, well, pigging out .
Turn it on.
Toxins are stored in fat tissue and breast tissue. Your body goes into fat burning and repair mode most effectively while you’re sleeping so do your best to stop eating at least 3 hours before bedtime so that your body’s not busy trying to digest food rather than burn it off.
That growling in your stomach is your body burning fat and toxins – knowing that should help you welcome that rumble in your tummy and excitedly say to yourself “Bring it on!”
Do your best to stop eating shorty after 7:00 p.m. as well as get deeply restorative sleep by going to bed around 10:00 p.m. Soon your body will be burning fat and toxins from your body without you thinking about it.
Your body will naturally begin to reshape and retone itself. You’ll soon have a spring in your step and a sparkle in your eyes that announces to the world that you are getting slimmer, healthier and feeling more alive now that your body is free of the toxic weight that was holding you back from living the vibrant life you are meant to enjoy!